CHICAGO (AP) — In a story May 14 about an upcoming Peace Concert in Chicago, The Associated Press misspelled the first name of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s music director. He is Riccardo Muti, not Ricardo Muti.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Yo-Yo Ma to perform at ‘Concert for Peace’ in Chicago
Famed cellist Yo-Yo Ma will join other performers for a concert aimed at reducing violence in Chicago
CHICAGO (AP) — Famed cellist Yo-Yo Ma will join other performers for a concert aimed at reducing violence in Chicago.
The Concert for Peace is scheduled for June 11 at St. Sabina Church on the city’s South Side. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association says Ma will perform with members of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago and the Chicago Children’s Choir. The Rev. Michael Pfleger also will speak during the concert.
All proceeds will go toward anti-violence and employment programs at St. Sabina.
Ma is a creative consultant for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Riccardo Muti is music director.
Ma and Muti teamed with Pfleger in planning the concert. They say it builds on their belief that art and music play a critical role in solving issues facing the community.
- Dean of Docs: Veteran director Albert Maysles brings documentary screenings and hands-on training to Harlem Institute
- Mariah Carey Reveals the Hardest Thing About Being Mariah Carey
- 20 Savage Memes That Show The Justice League Is Better Than The Avengers
- Detainees freed in North Korea, returning to US with Pompeo
- Live stream: Rev. Jesse Jackson and others remembers Aretha Franklin
- Live stream: Rev. Jesse Jackson and others remember Aretha Franklin
- Live stream: Stevie Wonder about to perform to honor Aretha Franklin
- Live stream: Franklin's casket leaves church
- Aretha Franklin funeral: Follow the funeral processional
- Aretha Franklin funeral: Hearse carrying Aretha Franklin's body arrives at cemetery
- The liberal-left divide reshaping American politics
- Our Travels in New Zealand Part 2
- St. Kitts Trip Report
- 36 Hours in Buffalo
- Places 24 and 25 of 52: In Tallinn and Vilnius, the Complexities of Independence
- The 52 Places Traveler: In Tallinn and Vilnius, the Complexities of Independence
- 20 Things to Do in Olomouc Czech Republic
- My Travelversary: Seven Years of Travel • Alex in Wanderland
- Top 10 Best Luxury & Boutique Hotels In Boston
Correction: Peace Concert story have 356 words, post on apnews.com at May 15, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.