- Thai Binh province: Enterprises present 45,000 gifts to poor
- Thai Binh province holds requiem for martyrs and Agent Orange victims
- New Prospect of Investment Attraction into Thai Binh Province
- Nam Dinh, Thai Binh Provinces: Ready to Welcome Investors
- Thai Binh Province Ready to Welcome Japanese Investors
(VOVworld) -Covering more than 2,000 square meters, Keo pagoda in Thai Binh province is comprised of a number of architectural structures including a three-door temple, a Buddha pagoda, a Genie temple, a bell tower, corridors, and a tower garden…
Keo pagoda, also known as Than Quang pagoda, is located in Duy Nhat commune, Vu Thu district, Thai Binh province. The pagoda is comprised of a pagoda that worships Buddha and a Genie temple that worships Duong Khong Lo, a monk of the Ly dynasty, who founded the pagoda. Monk Duong Khong Lowasborn in 1016 inGiaoThuy village, Ha Thanh district. He became a monk at 29. In 1061, after practicing Buddhism in India, he returned home and founded Nghiem Quang pagoda. In 1167, King Ly Anh Tong changed the name of the pagoda from Nghiem Quang to Than Quang.
The pagoda collapsed in a typhoonin 1611. It was rebuilt in 1632. At that time, the pagoda had 157 apartments covering 58,000 square meters. Now, the pagoda has 128 apartments covering 2,000 square meters. Despite being upgraded and repaired several times over the past 400 years, Keo pagoda retains its unique architecture from the 17th century Le dynasty. In September 2012 it was designated a special national relic.