Torishima Pump has moved into Battle Creek’s Fort Custer Industrial Park, investing $1.5 million in its new facility and creating 11 jobs. The company, a Japanese pump manufacturer founded in 1919, had an office in Kalamazoo but chose to expand into Battle Creek in October. Torishima is now located at 4600 West Dickman Road, in a facility once occupied by ClydeUnion Pumps, which closed in 2013. “That now brings us up to 19 Japanese companies in Battle Creek,” Battle Creek Unlimited CEO Joe Sobieralski said. “This one was a case of good facility, right timing, they needed something and the facility fit.” Torishima will be adding another 3 to 5 jobs for “highly skilled mechanics and machinists” around mid-year, according to Mark Vogel, the vice president of service for Torishima. “In Battle Creek, the skill set, the Japanese culture, the Japanese presence, but also our customer base, it’s really centrally located with our customer base in the area,” Vogel said. “Torishima’s really excited to invest in the community and be part of the group out at Fort Custer.” Contact reporter Natasha Blakely at (269) 223-0114 or [email protected] Follow her on Twitter at @blakelynat.
- Keeping It Clean at the Esipovo Industrial Park with Penetron Technology
- 135 projects become operational in Bac Ninh’s industrial parks in 2019
- PM Phuc welcomes proposal to set up industrial park in Myanmar
- Minister seeks industrial parks for Japanese investors
- Co-op creates 500 jobs by opening up four stores a week ahead of Christmas
- Auto parts maker to create 153 jobs in Tennessee expansion
- Mississippi trucking, equipment facility to create 22 jobs
- Maine lawmakers call for opening up potato industry to China
- CD vs NK Dream11 Team Prediction Qatar T10 League: Captain And Vice-Captain, Fantasy Cricket Tips Central Districts vs Northern Knights Match 1 at McLean Park, Napier 11:40 AM IST
- Govt eases rules for setting up petrol pumps, allows non-oil companies in business
Japanese pump manufacturer opens in Fort Custer Industrial Park, creates 11 jobs have 312 words, post on www.battlecreekenquirer.com at March 16, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.