Historically, Samsung has sourced smartphone processors from its own internal chip division, or from chip maker Qualcomm. The Snapdragon S7 Edge, for example, uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and Exynos 8890, depending on the model. But the company recently inked a contract with MediaTek, a manufacturer of low-cost CPUs, to use the chipmaker’s processors in low-cost smartphones and tablets. If rumblings are to be believed, one of the first fruits of that partnership is on the way.It February, a mystery Samsung device with the model number SM-G615F was spotted on benchmarking website GFXBench. The listing shows a handset with a 5.7-inch 1080p display, a 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P20 processor paired with 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage. It sports a 12-megapixel camera on the front and back and runs the latest version of Android 7.0 Nougat.Details about the yet-to-be-announced smartphone are hard to come by. We don’t know when it’s likely to be announced or even which of Samsung’s phones it will replace. SamMobile points out that Samsung referred to the original Galaxy On7 and On7 (2016) as the SM-G600 and SM-G610, respectively, suggesting the phone might be a next-generation On7. But it’s too early to say for certain.Whichever branding the device receives,… Read full this story
- X-rated porn video of man dressed as cop having sex with woman in handcuffs over the bonnet of a cop car emerges online
- Samsung on track for record fourth quarter earnings
- CES 2018: Forget Apple and Samsung, these are the best phones on show in Las Vegas
- Five reasons smartwatches will cannibalise the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy
- Apple overtakes Samsung in shrinking smartphone market
- Apple overtakes Samsung in shrinking smartphone market: survey
- Is Samsung about to kill its Galaxy S phones in a bid to copy Apple?
- Five reasons the OnePlus 5T beats the iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung may have solved Apple's iPhone X notch issue
- Five reasons the iPhone X is already years behind the Samsung Galaxy
A Samsung smartphone with a MediaTek processor has emerged online have 338 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 3, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.