WEST HAM’S iconic Boleyn Ground comes crumbling down as the demolition job on the famous ground continues.
The club’s owners have cashed in by moving the club into the London Stadium and selling off Upton Park for the Upton Gardens housing complex.
Slaven Bilic’s side are still to settle in their new home – with form and in-fighting making the former Olympic arena appear inhospitable to the new tenants – but they have taken 11 points from their last seven Premier League home games.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and gossip ahead of the January window with SunSport’s daily LIVE blog.
The Hammers left their old home in May to move to Stratford, leaving behind 112 years of history in order to move into their 60,000-seater new home.
Ugly scenes at a number of games led to increased security measures at the new stadium with extra police deployed both inside and outside during games.
But it was marred by crazed fans smashing the Man United team bus to smithereens.
Upton Park was the setting for West Ham‘s European Cup Winners’ Cup semi-final victory over Eintracht Frankfurt in 1976, a nervy FA Cup quarter-final victory over Aston Villa in 1980 and Paolo Di Canio’s stunning scissor-kick goal against Wimbledon in 2000.
It was also the breeding ground for club and country heroes like World Cup winners Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore and Martin Peters, as well as latter internationals Joe Cole, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand.
Before the stadium was hauled down the club held a jumble sale as they flogged everything and anything from inside the ground, including signs from inside the toilets.
- Mason Mount and Declan Rice – England’s Dumb and Dumber whose girlfriends think they’re more in love with each other
- Mason Mount and Declan Rice – England’s ‘Dumb and Dumber’ whose girlfriends think they are more in love with each other
- HOTLINE SPECIAL
- Katy-area calendar of events for the week starting Nov. 24
- Katy-area calendar of events for the week beginning Dec. 1
- Katy-area calendar for the week beginning Nov. 27
- Fat Leonard’s Crimes on the High Seas
- Let's give Britain a spring clean! Today, the Mail urges YOU to help make our country beautiful by joining our inspirational litter clear-up across the nation
West Ham’s legendary Boleyn stadium reduced to ruins as club cashes in on land for Upton Gardens houses have 407 words, post on www.thesun.ie at January 5, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.