A day before opening, Nguyen Hue walking street in Vietnam’s largest city has been covered in vivid flowers.
“Spring in the city named after President Ho Chi Minh” features a couple of giant chickens and many chicks to symbolize the Year of the Rooster.
”Modern-civilized city” features models of iconic buildings like the city’s People’s Committee HQ, Ben Thanh Market and Phu My Bridge.
“Glorious inspiration” has an 18-meter lake of lights.
A typical scene of Vietnam’s rural regions.
A day before the opening, hundreds of workers are still working day and night to finish the flower street. “This is the 3rd year I’ve worked on decorating the street,” said worker Nguyen Luu Ly. “I find it quite beautiful.”
Photos by VnExpress/Quynh Tran
- HCM City preparing for Tet flower street
- August Bank Holiday 2018 opening times for M&S, Next, Boots and all the major department stores
- Currys PC World Boxing Day opening times for 2019 as tech giant kicks off sale
- Next opening times on New Year’s Day 2020
- In Saigon’s Chinatown, hot coffee is brewed the cool, traditional way
- Reality may drive spoke into Saigon bike sharing ideal
- Experience Hinduism at this temple in the heart of Saigon
- Saigon residents caught wading through record tide
- Co.opmart outlet opens in Sơn Trà in Đà Nẵng
- Da Lat flower fest returns with its cultural bonanza
- Saigon specialty market caters to pest killing festival
- Phu My Hung Spring Flower Festival 2020 to return on January 17
- Hanoi to set up 51 spring flower markets for Tet
- Exhibition on Vietnamese People’s Army opens in HCMC
- Five Saigon bars offer bustling nightlife
- Saigon’s eclectic bar scene
- Looking for new options for lunch, try these dishes in central Saigon
- First certified Halal convenience store opens in HCM City
- Saigon couple move in and move on – in a bus
- High tide causes misery on Saigon street
Saigon’s Flower Street before opening time have 343 words, post on at January 23, 2017. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.