Republican Donald Trump edged closer to winning the White House with a series of shocking wins in battleground states such as Florida and Ohio on Tuesday, rattling world markets that had counted on Democrat Hillary Clinton defeating the political outsider. With investors worried a Trump victory could cause economic and global uncertainty, investors fled risky assets such as stocks. In overnight trading, S&P 500 index futures fell 5 percent to hit their so-called limit down levels, indicating they would not be permitted to trade any lower until day-side trading resumed on Wednesday morning. Mexico’s peso plunged to its lowest-ever levels as Trump’s chances of winning the presidency increased. Concerns of a Trump victory have weighed heavily on the peso for months because of his threats to rip up a free trade agreement with Mexico and tax money sent home by migrants to pay to build a wall on the southern U.S. border. Trump surged to wins in Florida, Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina, and Fox News projected a win for him in Wisconsin. With voting completed in 49 of the 50 U.S. states, he also narrowly led in Michigan and New Hampshire, edging him closer to 270 Electoral College votes…
- U.S. In Syria: Why Is White House Leaving 200 Troops Behind as 'Peacekeeping' Force?
- Donald Trump plans to give Republican nomination acceptance speech from White House
- White House Adviser Says Voting Rights ‘Not Our Game,’ Admits to Vote Suppression
- Trump abruptly escorted from presser after shooting near White House
- Will it be a black woman who turfs Trump out of the White House?
- Rep. Clyburn Suggests Trump Will Not Leave White House, Says President 'Doesn't Plan to Have Fair' Elections
- Kathy Griffin jokingly tweets 'it wasn't me' after reported shooting near the White House during President Trump's press conference
- U.S. Office of Special Counsel says Trump can give convention speech at White House
- White House: Another Lockdown Would Harm More Than Help, as COVID Cases Spike
- NY, NJ Governors, White House Reject Reports of Friction Over Coronavirus Response
Trump edges closer to White House win, rattles world markets have 345 words, post on at November 8, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.