The Seattle Storm were in control after one half of their first round playoff game against the Atlanta Dream Wednesday night but, as we all know, basketball can be a tale of two halves.
In the second half, Angel McCoughtry and the Dream weathered the Storm, and came out with 94-85 victory to advance to play the Chicago Sky.
On the first night of the WNBA Playoffs, Angel “Playoffs” McCoughtry scored 37 points on 14-of-21 shooting and dished 7 assists in a great performance; 22 of her points came in the second half.
McCoughtry currently holds the playoffs scoring record with 42 points in a game, and I honestly think she was well on her way of surpassing that in the single-elimination game against the Storm until she took a tough hit late in the 4th quarter, leaving her winded.
In the absence of Tiffany Hayes due to suspension, rookie Bria Holmes added 21 points and 7 rebounds. Reigning WNBA’s Most Improved Player, Elizabeth Williams, grabbed 16 rebounds, and Layshia Clarendon added 12 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
If the Dream keeps playing at this level, they’ll be a tough matchup for any team remaining in the playoffs.
The Atlanta Dream will head to Chicago to face the Sky in the second round of the WNBA playoffs; this game will also be single-elimination.
This article originally appeared on
- Woods shows up in Chicago, has work to do to reach Atlanta
- Frosty weather in the Bay Area forecast: Here's where it could snow on Christmas
- More than 100 million Americans are on alert as bomb cyclone and another powerful storm plunge Thanksgiving travel into chaos with over 8,000 flight delays and heavy snowfall from the Rocky Mountains to the Great Lakes
- New York Weather: 11/30 CBS2 Saturday Forecast, Widespread Winter Storm Expected Sunday
- Stormy Weather Returns To New England With A Mess Of Ice, Rain And Snow
- Army helicopters are deployed to rescue thousands stranded on a beach amid apocalyptic blood-red skies in fire-ravaged Australia where three people are now feared dead after horrific bushfire
- Coldest storm of the year could make white Christmas possible for some in Southland
- LSU routs Oklahoma 63-28, advances to title game as Burrow throws 7 TDs
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 17: Advanced computer model unveils top predictions
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 17: Advanced computer model reveals top predictions
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 17: Advanced computer model releases top predictions
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 17: Advanced computer model gives top predictions
- ‘The Haunting Of Hill House’ DP Michael Fimognari Talks ‘Doctor Sleep’ & The Tracking Shots Of “Two Storms,” An Episode Designed To Look Like One Shot
- NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 17: Advanced computer model makes top predictions
- 5 Best Things That Happened at Riot Fest Chicago
- Mariota’s improved play has Titans thinking playoffs at bye
- The Best Plays And Musicals Of 2018
- Why airlines need more female pilots to take to the skies
- Ravens clinch AFC’s top seed by beating Browns 31-15
- 49ers-Seahawks showdown on Sunday night highlights Week 17
Atlanta Dream Weather The Storm; Advance To Play Chicago Sky have 489 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 22, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.