6:00am:: I’m awake. Not out of bed, but awake. I stare at my bedroom ceiling for the next five minutes. I like to have a bit of quiet time before starting my morning routine.
6:05am: I grab my iPhone from my nightstand and check Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and, as of recently, Snapchat. I read USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The Los Angeles Times to catch up on the news. I check a few emails.
6:45am: I turn on the TV and flip back and forth between SportsCenter, CNN, and local news. I watch while responding to the emails I checked earlier.
8:15am: I’m out the door and into my car. I cycle between NPR, Sports Radio, and music on the drive. I’m all about taking the back streets to work (anyone from Los Angeles knows that taking Olympic across the San Vicente Junction at this time is not a good way to start the day). Luckily, I don’t live far from the office, which is in Beverly Hills. The commute only takes about 15 minutes.
8:45am: I make it to work, stopping at the café in our lobby to make a custom parfait: yogurt, granola, fresh strawberries, and diced mango. I take the elevator up to the office and get settled at my desk. I eat my breakfast while knocking out a few quick emails regarding Mr. Johnson’s upcoming speaking engagements.
10:00am: I cycle through the news again and print a few relevant headlines to place on Mr. Johnson’s desk. Today’s batch includes the news that Delta Airlines, a partner of ours through SodexoMAGIC, acquired 37 Airbus Jets. Magic Johnson Enterprises (MJE) works across a range of different businesses of Mr. Johnson’s. We’re focused on providing access to high-quality entertainment, products, and service that answer the demands of multicultural communities. As MJE’s Director of Communications, I handle requests for media appearances and interviews, along with Mr. Johnson’s social media and digital operations. But, like most smaller companies, my responsibilities don’t stop at my job description. That’s all part of the fun.
11:00am: Next up: the wonderful world of editing stories for Mr. Johnson’s new content platform, The Playbook, which provides followers and fans with principles and strategies to take their careers to the next level. I edit an article offering tips on how to deliver an unforgettable presentation. I also make sure that our editorial calendar is up to date and that my teammates and I are on the same page about what’s in the pipeline. Once new articles go up on The Playbook, they are posted on Mr. Johnson’s social channels. It’s pretty cool being able to reach millions of people through social media.
- How we stay together: 'There is no magic cookbook of relationships'
- All shops – even in toughest new tiers – can remain open when lockdown ends in 10 days
- All shops – even in toughest new tiers – to remain open when lockdown ends in 10 days
- Billy Ray Cyrus celebrates daughter Noah Cyrus's Best New Artist Grammy nomination with a childhood throwback: 'You deserve it!'
- Boris Johnson SELF-ISOLATES after holding a 35-minute meeting with MP who later tested positive for Covid - even though PM already had the virus once
- Civil servants have 'serious doubts' over Covid safety in Government as 10 Tory MPs join Boris Johnson in self-isolation after one tested positive
- Families 'could be allowed to meet for a week at Christmas as coronavirus rules relaxed'
- Freedom for Christmas: Several families could be allowed to meet for up to a week in December in relaxation of Covid rules - despite scientists warning Boris Johnson it will 'throw fuel on the fire' of the pandemic
- Grant Shapps urges people NOT to use trains at Christmas because they will be 'too busy' - as UK ministers hold Cobra meeting on plans to ease Covid restrictions for festive family reunions
- Covid can change UK like 'new Jerusalem' of 1940s, Johnson claims
- Ex Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn says Green Beret 'who helped him escape Japan in musical-equipment box' should not be extradited because he'd face inhumane interrogation
- Nicola Sturgeon says Christmas lockdown respite WON'T be exactly the same in Scotland ahead of crunch COBRA meeting to thrash out joint approach - while Wales warns deadly coronavirus cases WILL rise if families reunite
- 'The Biden family is a criminal enterprise': Donald Trump says Joe Biden should be jailed and boasts he's leading in early voting as Michigan crowd calls for Gov. Gretchen Whitmer - who was almost kidnapped - to be 'locked up'
- Boris Johnson is trapped at home at the worst possible time
- 'Leaving the hand sanitizer by the cookies is an excellent idea': Boris Johnson confirms Santa WILL deliver presents this year 'provided he behaves in his usual responsible way' in letter to eight-year-old boy worried he wouldn't come because of coronaviru
- Can you catch Covid twice? Top scientist says risk is 'low' as self-isolating Boris Johnson claims he's 'bursting with antibodies'
- Last push to beat Covid: Boris Johnson unveils post-December 2 lockdown 'Tiers' vowing they will be 'redundant' by MARCH amid rising vaccine hopes - with gyms and Christmas shopping back on the cards but warnings of a 'catastrophe' for pubs
- Boris Johnson hails Marcus Rashford’s reading campaign – and reveals Asterix books were his favourite as a child
- Boris Johnson makes an impassioned plea to Britons as he offers rebel MPs the chance to kill off Covid tiers in nine weeks
- Gas boilers will be banned in just THREE YEARS: Boris Johnson orders ALL new homes to have electric heat pumps and hydrogen alternatives by 2023 in his Green Plan - but experts say he 'won't get anywhere near' his target on time
Day in the Life: Meet Carlos Ray of Magic Johnson Enterprises have 961 words, post on www.blackenterprise.com at May 23, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.