HCM CITY (VNS) — Chairman of the HCM City People’s Committee Le Hoang Quan has expressed his wish to foster ties with the Republic of Korea (RoK).
During a reception to former RoK president Lee Myung-bak in the city yesterday, the chairman said two-way trade between Viet Nam and the RoK has approached US$30 billion. Close to 1,800 Korean firms are operating in Viet Nam with a total capital of $4 billion.
From January to September, trade between HCM City and the RoK hit almost $2.1 billion. Recently, the city and Busan signed a co-operation agreement for 2015-2020, he added.
The former president hailed HCM City’s growth over the past years and pledged to continue working to strengthen ties between the two nations.
He added that several Korean companies are interested in importing farm produce from Viet Nam. — VNS
- Lute hopes for positive outcome in leaders’ meeting
- New US ambassador meets Irish president
- Hong Kong students reject talks with city leader
- Why are the world's leaders meeting up?
- Accusations fly as new city council meets
- Meeting of presidents of Belarus, Egypt underway in Minsk
- Trade, climate change, Iran focus as G-20 leaders meet
- EU leaders meet in Brussels to haggle over top jobs
- Political group leaders meet amid alliance speculation
- No agreement on top jobs, EU leaders meet again on 30 June
- EU Leaders meet again to break talks deadlock
- Trump ready to meet Iranian president in potential breakthrough
- Amazon Basin leaders meet to tackle forest fires
- EU leaders meet to mull over potential candidates for top jobs
- EU leaders meet to choose bloc’s top jobs
- Cabbies clash with city leader as £60K emission change approved
- Leaders meet with little hope of breakthrough
- Cyprus Mail: Leaders meet with little hope of breakthrough
- Donald Trump open to meeting Iranian President Hassan Rouhani
- South American leaders meet on Amazon
HCM City leader meets former RoK president have 289 words, post on at October 22, 2015. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.