Angelina Jolie doesn’t want to see a film made about her life — even though she has made several biographical flicks.
The Oscar-winning actress says she’d rather sit with her kids and tell them about her experiences and achievements herself rather than have it all play out on film.
“Oh God, nobody has ever asked me that question,” Jolie recently said while promoting “Unbroken” in London. “That is a horrible thought. I would hate to know how people interpret my life. That is terrifying. To reflect on your life — I would rather live through a photo book with my kids.”
Jolie also said this holiday season feels “different” now that she’s married to long-term partner Brad Pitt.
“It does feel different,” she admitted. “We have been together about 10 years and we have six children, and we are so together that it was nice to approach marriage not as something as we needed to complete, but just the extra (element) of we are so sure that we would be together until the end of our days . And to celebrate with our children.”
She went on about her famous hubby, saying they spent their honeymoon arguing on the set of the upcoming “By the Sea,” which stars both Jolie and Pitt as lovers drifting apart after a long marriage.
“We were doing hard material, a heavy drama with a lot of emotion,” Jolie said. “It was about a bad marriage. It was peculiar thing, it was our honeymoon. We joked about that, and we were there four days after we got married, doing big scenes of fighting, crying and screaming about how we hated marriage.”
Jolie says overall, filming with Pitt was a “pleasure.” “It may be bias, but he is a brilliant actor. It was a pleasure working with him,” she said.
But above all, Jolie loves her humanitarian work the most. “My work on foreign policy is really the center of my work and focus of my every day,” she said. “To feel that you are accomplishing something and working towards goals, you are on the right path and making a difference.”
AN ORDER OF FRIED CHICKEN (SHE’LL HOLD THE DRESSING)
Melissa Gilbert says the cornerstone of “My Prairie Cookbook” is her fried-chicken recipe, “based on the fact that everyone I know has either asked for the recipe or asked me to cook it for them at some point — I mean everybody,” she says proudly. Half-Pint says that family friend Ken Olin asked for a batch as a birthday present — and for Gilbert to serve it dressed in gingham and pigtails. She wisely declined the costume request.
IS GUETTA GETTING HITCHED?
French DJ and music producer David Guetta, who divorced Cathy, his wife of 22 years, in March, has moved on: Rumors of an impending engagement to his new blond mystery girlfriend are whirling. We’re told Guetta and his gal pal showed up recently at SushiSamba in London, where the deejay was heard complaining about two days without sleep. The two dined on Kobe beef sliders and green-bean tempura before calling it an early night.
A LIGHTER SHADE OF ‘ORANGE’
Kate Mulgrew, aka Galina (Red) Reznikov, offered a couple of crumbs to [email protected] about what’s in store for season three of “Orange Is the New Black.” “It’s lighter than seasons one and two,” she divulged. “Jenji’s (Kohan, the series’ creator) picked it up, it’s got a frothiness to it almost, a merengue flavor to it. She’s also playing with cultural phenomena like Martha Stewart. You have to see it — if I say too much I’ll get in terrible trouble.”
A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER
“Voice” judge Gwen Stefani indulged in the ecclesiastical side of the holidays by taking sons Kingston, 8, and Apollo Rossdale, 10 months old, to church in L.A. on Christmas Eve. The 45-year-old singer collaborated on her new album with Charli XCX, who reportedly co-wrote two tracks.
BARANSKI PLANS HER NEXT MOVES
It hasn’t been an easy year for “The Good Wife’s” Christine Baranski. In May she lost her husband of 30 years, Matthew Cowles, but the 62-year-old actress is looking ahead. “I’m going to become a Latin dancer,” she told [email protected] “I’m going to start next year trying to get good at salsa, samba and maybe even the tango. I’m going to South America at Christmas, so I’ll get a head start.” Baranski can be seen in “Into the Woods” as Cinderella’s wicked stepmother.
THE MIDNIGHT ORA
Still don’t have New Year’s Eve plans? You can always rub shoulders with British songbird Rita Ora as she rings in 2015 at the Top of the Standard Hotel. But don’t turn up in your Uggs. This is a fancy-schmancy affair — the dress code is black tie. The doors open at 10. Ora, meanwhile, was recently spotted out and about with on-again, off-again beau Ricky Hill, a musician and son of clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie reach custody agreement
- Angelina Jolie to grace red carpet at Maleficent: Mistress of Evil premiere
- Model gets racy Angelina Jolie tattoo for Halloween costume – and she looks IDENTICAL
- Iranian Angelina Jolie lookalike’s best friend is a Barbie double with HUGE lips and a doll-like nose
- Angelina Jolie addresses future in politics and motherhood
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt reach out-of-court settlement over custody battle
- Amy Winehouse’s family sign multi-million deal to make biopic about her life – but insist Lady Gaga will not play the icon
- Iranian Angelina Jolie ‘lookalike’ Sahar Tabar has another nose job to emulate the Hollywood star
- Taron Egerton says Robin Hood film is outlaw 'as you've never seen him before'
- Darth Vader’s helmet among cult film memorabilia up for auction
- Ashby actress sets sights on Hollywood
- Thandie Newton to direct 1960s period film about three African-American girls
- There is no snow on the way, but here are 11 great things to do in December
- Sir Michael Caine, 85, enjoys date night with his wife Shakira, 71
- These famous on-screen lovers actually hated each other in real life
- The real story behind Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody biopic
- Why two films about the same subject come out at once
- Taron Egerton says Robin Hood battle of 'rich vs poor' still rings true today
- Check out this week’s DVD picks from Sicario 2: Soldado to An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn — one of the worst films ever made
- All you need to know about the new Robin Hood film
Angelina Jolie enjoys making biopics, but says 'no way' to Hollywood film about her life have 1069 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 27, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.