Talk about taking an unfortunate incident and turning it into something good.
Ultimate Fighter 19 alum Mike King was popped for steroids this week and had to forfeit his $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus from UFC Fight Night to his opponent Cathal Pendred. Pendred will now donate some of that money to Temple Street Children’s Hospital in his hometown of Dublin, he wrote on Twitter.
Pendred won the fight in incredible fashion — it was one of the best comebacks in UFC history. King wiped the floor with the Irishman in front of the Dublin fans in the first round only for Pendred to rally and finish things in the second round via rear naked choke submission at the July 19 card inside the O2 Arena.
King tested positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone in a post-fight drug test, the UFC announced Wednesday. He’s facing a nine-month suspension from fighting and was cut by the UFC.
Pendred and King both competed on TUF 19, losing before the finals. Pendred, though, is quite the winner, hauling in $100,000 in bonuses for his bout against King — and that’s not even including his show and win money.
It’s pretty darn cool he’s going to be giving some of that to charity.
- Dignity Health will donate $1 million-plus to Sacramento-area nonprofits in 2019
- Youth project donates gifts to Queen Elizabeth Hospital patients
- Girl, 8, taken to hospital with back pain diagnosed with cancer after docs missed it FIVE TIMES
- At least 19 killed, 40 injured in El Paso shooting
- Teen gets life-saving gift for the holidays — a new heart
- Beat Richner, Doctor to Cambodia’s Needy Young, Dies at 71
- 'Gropey' charity dinner exposes a part of elite society that #MeToo hasn't reached
- Contaminated blood victims win right to sue government in High Court over health disaster
- Out of sick teen’s cancer ordeal, Haiti doctors find a new way
- Mom tries to find donor for her 7-year-old: ‘I just want to keep my son alive.’
- Community News For The Putnam Edition
- With Culinary Medicine, Doctors Are Finally Learning About Food
TUF 19 alum Cathal Pendred to donate some of bonus to children’s hospital have 333 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 14, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.