The conductor and chief figure in Dutch early music scene has passed away at his home in Amsterdam. Nevertheless, he leaves us behind a rich recorded legacy. Frans Bruggen, the Dutch conductor, baroque flautist and recorder player, breathed his last on Wednesday at the age of 79. A music expert of the 18th and 19th century, Bruggen was born in Amsterdam and studied musicology at the University of Amsterdam. The youngest of nine children, Bruggen claimed that boredom and tedium during the war when most Dutch schools were closed, he and his brother Hans often tried to play the recorder, which immediately took to his interest and he made it through the rest of the war years trying to play the instrument. In 1960, he made his first appearance at the Freemason’s Hall at the Edinburgh Festival as a young virtuoso of the recorder for a morning recital during Peter Diamand’s period as Director of the festival and from here on, he developed into one of the greatest classical conductors of his time. At the age of 21, he was appointed as a professor at the Royal Conservatory of the Hague. At that time, he was the youngest musical scholars… Read full this story
- Experience 18th century life at Daniel Boone Homestead
- Philip Hammond told to fix Britain’s roads as Devon County Council uses 18th century methods to mend potholes
- Delicate oriental bowl bought for £2 in Somerset charity shop sells for £21,000 after being uncovered as 18th century treasure
- This 18th century house has just three rooms and sits in the middle of a road junction – but could be yours for £110,000
- Does this flying saucer on the cover of an 18th century book prove that aliens visited Earth 300 years ago?
- 18th Century Salons Back in Fashion in Berlin
- Madonna splashes out £5million on an 18th Century mansion in Portugal so her son can further his footie career
- Spooky footage shows ‘ghost’ of female servant stalking US mansion where she burned alive in 18th Century fire
- The grisly spot in Kent awash with human remains from the 18th century which resembles a scene from a horror movie
- Has the public's initial post-Brexit denial passed?
Initiator of Orchestra of the 18th Century Passes at 79 have 367 words, post on www.naturalnewsblogs.com at August 19, 2014. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.