Cleveland, Ohio – The Mid-American Conference announced today the creation of a newly created bowl game in Nassau, Bahamas for a six-year period (2014-2019). The Bahamas Bowl will be played at Thomas A. Robinson Stadium.
The creation of the Bahamas Bowl is the second of a series of planned bowl announcements over the next several weeks and the centerpiece of a joint agreement between several FBS conferences. The MAC will play the American Athletic Conference in the Bahamas Bowl in 2014 and Conference USA in 2015.
“The Mid-American Conference is proud to partner in the creation of the Bahamas Bowl beginning with the 2014 season and to feature the only bowl game outside of the United States,” said Dr. Jon Steinbrecher, Mid-American Conference Commissioner. “This will truly be a one-of-its-kind bowl experience for our student-athletes, coaches and fans. The Thomas A. Robinson Stadium will be a wonderful host venue and the accommodations with the Atlantis Resort will certainly be a destination to reward our football programs.”
The Bahamas Bowl, in addition to the Boca Raton Bowl which was announced last Friday and another bowl game that will be announced at a future date, will be supported by several FBS conferences on a six-year rotating basis.
With further announcements coming shortly, the MAC will have created two new primary appearances on an annual basis for the next six years. Starting in the 2014 college football season, the MAC will have a minimum five guaranteed bowl opportunities.
(Press release from the MAC)
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Expansion Gets a Release Date for PS4, PS3 and PC; Mac Version Announced
- EA announces massive Holiday 08 roster
- Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition Announced; Includes New Races, New Modes, and More
- Blood Bowl Goes Free-to-Play with Star Coach
- CUPERTINO BUSINESS REPORT It's a Big Bowl of Hot Alphabet Soup for Apple
- Why would Apple move Macs to ARM processors?
- Zenimax Expands Vir2L Into DS Game Creation
- Football Manager 2011 Now Available For PC and Mac
- 2006 Independent Games Festival Announces Finalists
- Apple Gets Down to Business With Mac Pro, Xserve Updates
- OPINION iPhone Teaches Mac a Thing or Two
- SPECIAL REPORT American Film Institute and the Mac: Happy Bedfellows
- Software Firms Ally to Bridge Mac Enterprise Gap
- SimCity Mac release delayed into August, PC update inbound
- Doctor Who: The Adventure Games announced for PC, Mac
- Apple to Devs: No Half-Baked Goods in the Mac App Store
- Telestream Enables Windows Media Directly on Mac
- Apple Unveils iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina Display, & New Mac Pro
- Hitman: Absolution: Elite Edition puts Mac on its hitlist
- IndieCade 2010 Announces Finalists For October Festival
MAC announces creation of Bahamas Bowl have 415 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 14, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.