NFL players and former Olympians from across the country
gathered to tackle the epidemic of bullying at the Be In The Know
About Bullying launch event in Las Vegas last weekend.
Be In The Know About Bullying is an organization founded by
former Minnesota Vikings running back Sean James, who spent the
past decade helping children nation-wide through his philanthropic
organization, Sean James Students Athletes (SJSA).
His latest endeavor has taken his passion for helping our
country’s youth to a whole new level.
Be In The Know About Bullying is a unique and innovative program
aimed at addressing the issue surrounding bullying amongst
Through a hybrid of educational programming and ambassadorships
of professional athletes like NFL players, UFC fighters, and
Olympians, Be In The Know is creating a new ideal for our children
of what it means to lead, exhibit strength, character, and to
Saturday night, Be In The Know teamed with Hyde and SBE for its
launch event at the Bellagio Hotel.
The incredible backdrop of neon lights, the Eiffel Tower, and
the Bellagio fountains set the stage for an unbelievable show of
support for an incredible cause.
Current and former NFL players in attendance included Bernard
Berrian, Jonas Jennings, Glenn Pakulak and myself among others.
Also showing support were Kevin Hooks, CEO of the Urban League
in Las Vegas, Olympians Katura Horton-Perinchief and Garrett Klugh
as well as reality TV stars Mercedes “MJ” Javid and
Golnesa “GG” Gharachedaghi of the Shahs of Sunset.
On the red carpet the ambassadors posed while holding up
T-shrits donning the Don’t Be A Bully Be A Buddy logo while the all
attendees watched a powerful video documenting the tragic
consequences of bullying.
James spoke about why he holds this issue so near and dear to
his heart, and made a passionate declaration about a curable
epidemic; bullying is a disease that we can cure if we join
together and encourage our children through education, love,
compassion and mentorship.
James presented me with the first “Game Changer of the
Year” award, thoughtfully named by James to capture the
spirit of an individual who “changes the game by standing up
in order to change the rules when that person sees that they do not
benefit the entire team.”
I was honored.
As an advocate for children, James is working to get the Be In
The Know About Bullying curriculum adopted by schools and
community-based programs all over the country. This weekend’s
launch was Be In The Know’s coming-out party for the West
James has expanded the reach of his anti-bullying message from
coast to coast. To find out more about the Be In The Know About
Bullying organization, information about purchasing curriculum, and
the link to donate please visit the Be In The Know About Bullying
- The return of Star Wars: an evil empire in Jedi clothing?
- The 20 greatest Jedi moments in Star Wars history (and yes, that includes the prequels)
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina S2 review: "Michelle Gomez as Lilith is the stand-out star of this series”
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season 2 review: "Michelle Gomez as Lilith is the stand-out star of this series"
- Street Fighting Men: Iron Grip: Warlord Demo
- Papo & Yo Creator’s Next About Bullying, PC-Bound
- Ex-Team Secret players claim team took unagreed cut of prize winnings and money was spent on “drones, a porn star and models”
- The 500 best games of all time: 500-401
- The 50 most anticipated games of 2018
- Eurogamer's Top 50 Games of 2017: 20-11
- All The Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games
- The History Of Yakuza
Bullying fight brings out the stars have 604 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 30, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.