Plastic surgery? That’s an app for that! In South Korea, there are apparently many apps for that. And according to Korean newspaper Kyunghyang Shinmun, their popularity is making some individuals worry. As The Economist (via KoreaBang) pointed out last year, South Korea is the most surgically enhanced nation on Earth, passing countries like Greece, Brazil, and the U.S. But plastic surgery apps are not a new thing—and they are not unique to South Korea (case in point). So what’s the big deal? Some Korean smartphone apps like “Plastic Quote” (pictured) give price quotes for various procedures. Other apps, like, give prospective patients the ability to upload their photos and augment their appearances. Then, there are apps that show before and after photos. According to Livedoor News, popular plastic surgery apps rack up over 100,000 downloads. As previously mentioned, these apps exist outside South Korea—there was a big glut of them in 2011. The concern, however, is that these are part of a larger problem in South Korea. What’s more, these apps make it seem like plastic surgery is all rather easy, and don’t take into account things like patient counseling. 성형 권하는 ‘성형어플’ “수술 조장” 우려 목소리도 [The Kyunghyang Shinmun… Read full this story
- South Korea to have solid fuel rockets in major deal with US
- The Latest: South Korea has 63 newly confirmed virus cases
- Flood-hit South Korea guards against coronavirus at relief shelters
- South Korea’s Old Torture Factory Is Making Nice With Kim Jong Un
- South Korea, U.S. to hold smaller military drills due to coronavirus
- The Latest: South Korea reports 27 new virus cases
- Why Is Trump Letting Moon Jae-in Hand South Korea to Kim Jong Un?
- South Korea, U.S. to hold smaller military drills due to coronavirus: media
- Heavy rain hammers South Korea, leaving 6 dead, 7 missing
- South Korea searches for rescue workers missing in floods
Popular Plastic Surgery Apps Cause Concern in South Korea have 312 words, post on kotaku.com at June 3, 2013. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.