An Indian court will hear accusations of indecency against US pop star Katy Perry and Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan over their dancing at a cricket event, media reported on Wednesday.
Madras High Court, in southern India, ordered a hearing on the accusations on July 31, although the pair will not be required to attend because they have not been formally charged.
The court was acting on a “public interest” complaint filed by a lawyer which alleged the opening show of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in April was “obscene and lascivious, appealing to prurient interest”.
Top Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra and IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla were also cited in the complaint, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.
Perry was among a host of celebrities who performed on stage in Chennai for the opening ceremony, held a day before the start of the fifth edition of the Twenty20 tournament.
The complainant, K. Jebakumar, also claimed that the show had distracted students who were writing exams at the time and pursued legal action under the Indian Penal Code.
The court will rule whether the complaint is justified, and if so, whether formal charges can be laid against the accused.
- Kesha Allegedly Told Lady Gaga That Dr. Luke Also Raped Katy Perry
- Katy Perry Denied Dr. Luke Raped Her in Unsealed Deposition as Kelly Clarkson Called Him 'Sleazy'
- Katy Perry Says She 'Felt Pressured' to Support Kesha Against Dr. Luke in Unsealed Deposition
- Judge Rules That Kesha Defamed Dr. Luke with Text Message to Lady Gaga Claiming He Raped Katy Perry
- Kesha Accused Dr. Luke of Raping Katy Perry in Text Message to Lady Gaga; Dr. Luke Denies Claim
- Pop royalty! Prince Charles and Camilla join Katy Perry for a glamorous gala as the US singer is named an ambassador of the British Asian Trust
- Prince Charles and Katy Perry come under fire after she's appointed as an ambassador for the British Asian Trust that he founded... despite her being neither BRITISH or ASIAN
- Prince Charles sets up children's protection fund for India, announces Katy Perry the ambassador
- Katy Perry’s ‘Teenage Dream’ Video Co-Star Accuses Her of Sexual Misconduct
- Prince Charles' unusual request to Katy Perry as they attend charity dinner - watch video
Katy Perry accused of 'indecency' over Indian show have 366 words, post on at July 7, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.